AXA Equitable is a leading financial protection company, committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse, multicultural and inclusive environment, and one of the nation’s premier providers of life insurance and annuity products.
Reporting into the Corporate Legal Group of AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company’s Law Department, this position has primary responsibility for: (a) overseeing the completion of IT and IP related agreements and advising on related matters; (b) acting as lead counsel to the Sourcing and Procurement and IT Teams; and (c) assisting on corporate legal matters.
Primary Responsibilities include:
• Reviewing, drafting and negotiating enterprise-wide technology agreements, including SaaS, software license, hardware, and other technology agreements;
• Advising on intellectual property matters, including managing patents, assisting with trademarks and drafting and negotiating social media and marketing related agreements;
• Drafting and negotiating IT and non-IT outsourcing agreements;
• Overseeing the preparation of various commercial agreements and templates;
• Acting as primary attorney and legal contact for Company's Sourcing and Procurement and IT Teams and advising on an international level;
• Counseling and providing advice to various business lines on a variety of legal and business issues; and
• Assisting on general commercial agreements and general corporate matters
- 10 + years of related experience, preferably within the IT/IP group of a large international law firm or corporation.
Experience with and knowledge of sophisticated information technology and social media products and innovations, including some knowledge of data privacy laws.
Experience working with international teams.
Demonstrated record of leadership and achieving favorable results
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
Ability to work independently, manage and prioritize project and meet deadlines while handling multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
Must have initiative, be able to act decisively and exercise excellent judgment.
Excellent drafting and negotiating skills.
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Ability to maintain professionalism under pressure.
Strong sense of ownership of tasks and responsibilities is essential.
JD, admitted to NY State Bar.
How to apply
On-line applications at: https://us.axa.com/about-axa/careers/jobs.html NOTE: AXA Equitable participates in the E-Verify program. In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.