Provide immigration legal representation in a high-volume varied immigration legal practice, which includes family based petitions, motions, waivers, TPS, Asylum, NACARA, VAWA, U Visas, T Visas, Naturalization, Special Immigrant Juvenile Status, Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals and related services.
- Analyze legal issues to develop and implement legal strategy
- Supervise, train and mentor staff attorneys, paralegals and interns/volunteers
- Work with ED in developing proposals for funding,
- Participate in the implementation and reporting of programs as well as the day to day operations of the agency
- Maintain infrastructure for case management
- Represent the agency in community forums and partnerships
- Juris Doctorate degree; admission to NYS Bar
- Minimum 2 years of experience in immigration law
- Comprehensive knowledge of immigration law
- Experience in family court is a huge plus;
- Strong case management, legal research, and legal writing skills required;
- Experience supervising lawyers and/or law students preferred;
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills in English and Spanish required
- Capacity to work independently and to develop creative solutions with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work under pressure
- Demonstrated commitment and experience in public interest law as well as passion for social justice
- Passion for social justice for immigrants required
Applications should be sent to Jyoung@hispaniccoalition.org. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.