The King's County District Attorney's Office is seeking experienced immigration attorneys to assist with the implementation and execution of this new initiative. Requirements and expectations are as follows:
- Assist prosecutors in-house in assessing cases in which defendants accused of crimes would face deportation as a result of their guilty pleas
- Be knowledgeable in all facets of the citizenship process, as well as what issues and criminal convictions could deem a petitioner ineligible to become a citizen of the United States
- Be familiar with the inner-workings of ICE and how ICE attorneys process cases through their court system
- Have an understanding of the criminal justice system and be familiar with sentencing guidelines and procedures
- Strong interpersonal skills required
Those interested should visit http://apply.brooklynda.org/
and apply as soon as possible.